How do we collect information from you?Rootways collects information from you when you send it to Rootways directly by filling out forms on our Website (including any application you may make for products or services), corresponding with Rootways by e-mail, live chat or speaking to Rootways by telephone. Rootways also collect information from you when you browse the Website, as set out in detail below. Some of the methods Rootways use to collect data are automated and will take effect automatically as you navigate the Website and/or use our services.
What information do we collect?Personal Information?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the data alone or in conjunction with any other data in the data controller's possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of your personal data is governed by applicable privacy laws.
When you place an order or register for a new account on our website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information.
When you add your financial account information to your Account, that information is directed to our third-party payment processor. We also do not store your financial account information on our systems.
If you contact us via email or through our live chat facility, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
Information we receive from third parties
General Information is collected when you access our website. We use your IP address to identify your location/country when you use our website. We also record the information such as, the page you visited more, the time you spend in our website, the number of visit you made and if you are referred from any other websites or links.
How do we use and store your data?As a general matter, Rootways may use the Personal Information you disclose to Rootways to improve and provide the Website, the services, and for the specific purpose that you gave us your Personal Information. More specific details on how we use your information follows below.
- Rootways may use your Personal Information to create and authenticate your account.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support need.
- To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- From time to time, Rootways may use the email address you provided when you signed up to send important notices, such as important product updates and communications about your service agreements with Rootways, as well as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Rootways may also use Personal Information to offer, market or advertise to you Rootways products and services. While such products and services may reference, incorporate or include third-party products and services, Rootways will not use your Personal Information to independently offer, market or advertise third-party products and services unless Rootways first obtain your consent to do so. If you do not want to receive such information, you can opt out at any time by changing your settings in your 'My Details' page within the client area or by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link in the email message.
What is our lawful basis for processing your personal data?In general, the lawful bases for us to process your personal data for the various types of processing performed on your data (please refer to "How do we use and store your data?" section of this Policy) is, as applicable, processing based on your consent, as necessary for us to enter into and to perform our contract with you, to comply with our obligations under the applicable employment, social security or social protection laws, or as necessary to pursue the legitimate interest of our Company or of third parties. We will collect, process and use the personal information supplied by you only for the purposes communicated to you and will not disclose it to third parties except under the circumstances of data disclosure to third parties in the section "How do we disclose your information?" below.
How do we protect your information?We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We protect your data using technical measures to minimize the risks of misuse, unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, loss or theft, and loss of access. Some of the safeguards we use are data pseudonymization, data encryption, firewalls, and data access authorization controls. We take our data security very seriously. Therefore, the security mechanisms used to protect your data are checked and updated regularly to provide effective protection against abuse We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology using best-practice encryption techniques. Transactional information such as payment details are encrypted before they are processed by our Payment gateway provider only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Access to your Personal InformationBased on what you have told Rootways, we will try to ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date. You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of Personal Information or restriction of processing concerning your Personal Information or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability. Rootways will comply with erasure requests as long as Rootways is not required to retain the Personal Information by law and does not need to retain it for its legitimate business purposes. Rootways may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardise the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made by emailing [email protected] or by using our contact us information.
Your data protection rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)As a Data Subject you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you.
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request to erase your personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data, except we are not obliged to do so if we need to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where we rely on your consent to process your data. This includes cases where you wish to opt out from marketing communications that you receive from us.
- The right to request that we provide you with your data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, where the processing is based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, and in either case we process the data by automated means;
- The right to restrict our processing of your personal data where you believe such data to be inaccurate, our processing is unlawful; or that we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose unless we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not wish for us to delete it.
- The right to object to us using your personal data, where the legal justification for our processing of your personal data is our legitimate interest. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- The right to lodge a complaint regarding our processing of your data, with the competent authority where you reside or in which your data is processed.