Magento 2.4.1: Release Notes
Magento is introducing yet another major release of Magento Commerce Cloud with version 2.4.1. In this release, we can see performance improvements and enhancements in security, especially for the B2B feature set. The security enhancements include the SameSite attribute for cookies and the Place Order storefront page. Also, CAPTCHA protection has been introduced for payment-related and order related API endpoints. The B2B improvements centered on supporting the order process, shipping methods, logging of Admin actions, and better security.
This release includes many significant improvements in the core quality of Magento 2.4.0. The core code is improved with more than 150 fixes and 15 security enhancements. Nearly 300 GitHub issues uploaded by the Magento community trusted member are resolved. All these include minor clean-up of core code to significant enrichment in GraphQL. All the well-known Magento 2.4.0 issues are resolved in this release. In this post, we will discuss mainly all the major fixes and updates of Magento 2.4.1.
Security-only patch available
All the vulnerabilities founded within the previous release (i.e. Magento 2.4.0) are fixed by Patch 22.214.171.124. All recent fixes which applied in Magento 2.4.0 release are incorporated in this release as well.
Key Highlights of This Release
- Substantial Security Enhancements
- Platform upgrades
- Infrastructure Improvements
- Performance Improvements
- New Media Gallery
- GraphQL Improvements
- PWA Studio
- Fixed Issues
- Includes 30+ security fixes to close remote code execution (RCE) and cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities
- Default 2FA for Magento admin panel
- The template filter strict mode is now enabled by default.
- Improved Content Security Policy
- Support for PHP 7.4, PHPUnit 9.x
- Support for Elasticsearch 7.x and MySQL 8.0
- Removed MySQL search engine
- Support for MariaDB 10.4
- The Zend Framework has been deprecated and migration to Laminas project
- Support for Signifyd fraud proection code is removed
- Core Braintree module removed
- Integration of the Authorize.Net, eWay, CyberSource, and Worldpay payment methods are removed.
- Web Setup Wizard removed
- Composer update plugin
- Customer data section invalidation logic is improved.
- Improvements in Redis performance and much more.
- Enabled New Media Gallery for ADMIN.
- Ability to Delete bulk images.
- Media storage optimization by recognizing duplicate images and images not used on the storefront.
- Filter images by the storefront area
- Enhanced view of the metadata from the images
- Search for images using their metadata
- Edit image metadata.
Magento 2 GraphQL is a data query language to offer an alternative to REST and SOAP web APIs for frontend development.
- Supports the Inventory In-store pickup using pickup locations query
- Get the list of categories that match a specified filter using the categories query
- A logged-in user can add all the items to the cart from the previous order with preorder items modifications
- PWA Studio v8.0.0 with new features and enhancements.
- A better experience in the Venia mini-cart
- Several improvements to the My Account experience of the Venia storefront.
- Upgrade the Venia style guide to apply design tokens, typography, color, core components, and page layouts.
In the Magento 2.4.1, there are hundreds of fixes of issues in the core code of Magento. You can find the fixtures in these fields:
- Installation, Upgrade, Deployment
- Adobe Stock
- Bundle Products
- Cart and Checkout
- CMS content
- Configurable Products
- Enhanced Adobe Stock Integration v2.0
- Improved Inventory Management
- Page Builder now supports PHP 7.4 for Magento Commerce 2.4
- Improvements in Vendor Developed Extensions such as dotdigital, Klarna, Amazon Pay, Braintree Payments, Vertex, and Yotpo
- Fixed issues and enhancements in cart and checkout, cart price rule, catalogue, orders, shipping, and sales!
Moreover, the official resources have promised a new concept of the Storefront API to the platform!
With every new release of Magento, our Magento developers start investigating more about it to make the most out of it. We, at Rootways, the best Magento development companyare expert in upgrading your Magento store to the latest Magento version or developing an ecommerce store from scratch. Let us know your requirements.
Content Credits:Some portion of the content in this article is original featured on Magento DevDocs