What are Base, Small, Thumbnails, and Swatch Images in Magento 2?
When you are adding products in Magento, Various image versions are created automatically. What do these versions means and where you will find those different Images on your website?
Go to the Magento Admin->Catalog->Product. Now Edit one Product and Expand the Images And Vidoes tab.
- 1) Magento Base Images
- This is the Main Image and you will see on the product page.
- This is the largest and highest-quality version of your image.
- This could display around 500 pixels high and 700 pixels wide.When you click on image, it can be seen at even larger size.
- 2) Magento small Images
- This Version of image is used on Homepage, category page and search results layouts.
- Normal size for this image is around 250x250.
- It's also used for small boxes on product page like up-sells, cross sells.
- 3) Magento Thumbail Images
- This Version of image you can seen on the Product page.
- Normal size for this image is around 100x100 pixels.
- if you are buy the product,you can see this image on shopping cart page as well.
- 4) Magento Swatch Images
- This Version of image is more advanced store setups.
- Your Product is avalible in different colors, you can set the swatch images, Customers can click on swatch image to see how your product exactly looks like