Magento 2.4: Release Notes
Magento Open Source 2.4.0 introduces support for PHP 7.4, Elastic search 7.6.x, and MySQL 8.0. Substantial security changes include the enablement of two-factor authentication in the Admin by default
With this release, the Authorize.Net and Braintree payment method integrations have been removed from core code. Merchants should migrate to the official extensions that are available on the Magento Marketplace.
This release includes all the improvements to core quality that were included in Magento 2.3.5-p1, over 100 new fixes to core code, and 30 security enhancements. It includes the resolution of 226 GitHub issues by Magento community members. These community contributions range from minor clean-up of core code to significant enhancements in Inventory Management and GraphQL.
Minor releases bring substantial code enhancements. Before upgrading to Magento 2.4.0, confirm that your environment meets the minimal technical stack requirements.
Below is the list of main features of Magento 2.4.0Security-only patch available
Magento merchants are capable of installing the time-sensitive security fixes without applying the functional fixes and enhancements. As per the release notes 2.3.5-p1 is the security-only patch for fixing all the vulnerabilities detected in the last quarterly release.Substantial security enhancements
- Magento 2.4 release involves more than 30 security fixes and platform security improvements.
- Mandatory 2FA for all the Magento Admin Account.
- By default enabled the Template filter strict mode.
- By default disabled the Data rendering for UI data providers.
- Advanced Support for new security.txt file
- PHP 7.4 support introduced and PHP 7.1 and 7.2 deprecated.
- Provided support for PHPUnit 9.x and deprecation of PHPUnit 6.5
- Provided support of Elasticsearch 7.6.x.
- Provided support of MySQL 8.0.
- Eliminated MySQL catalogue search engine
- Provided support of Maria DB 10.4.
- Migration of dependencies on Zend Framework
- Eliminated the core integration of the Signifyd fraud protection code
- Eliminated the core Braintree module from the codebase
- Elimination of core integration of third-party payment methods
- Elimination of the Web Setup Wizard
- Composer update plugin
- Applied Seller-assisted shopping.
- Enhancements to customer data section invalidation logic
- Multiple optimizations to Redis performance
- Upgraded caching of results of SQL queries to inventory tables
This enhancement involves:
- Support query pickup Locations for inventory in-store pickup functionality.
- Query categories & category List for getting the list of categories and in support of pagination
- Query reorders Items permits the customer to reorder the previous order into the cart.
- Capable to license stock image by Adobe Stock Integration v2.0.
- New Magento Media Gallery up to 30x faster than the previous version.
- Inventory Management enabled the in-store pickup and provides bundle product support
- PWA Studio enhancements and bug fixes.
- Updated Vendor-developed extension enhancements such as Amazon Pay, Braintree Payments, Klarna, Vertex and Yotpo.
- Checkout official Magento 2.4 release notes for the Magento Open Source 2.4.0 Release Notes and Magento Commerce 2.4.0 Release Notes.
Some portion of the content in this article is original featured on Magento Commerce 2.4.0