Magento 2.3 support will ends
About Magento 2.3
Magento 2.3 is just like the open-source version of Magento. This version includes numerous functional fixes and enhancements. This version introduces significant tools to improve your experience. PWA Studio, a flexible frontend API, alternatives to SOAP and REST, and mobile development are just a few core aspects to be mentioned.
Magento 2.3 support will end
To entirely focus resources on the development and support of the Magento 2 platform, Magento has officially announced that Magento end of support is on 28 April 2022. If you are handling a Magento store or planning to start with one the don't miss this announcement on Magento 2.3 support will end.
- Magento will give element fixes for a minor release for a minimum 12 months from the general possibility release date of the next minor software release.
- Magento will give security fixes for a minor release for a minimum 18 months from the general possibility release date of the next minor software release.
- Magento will give security fixes over patch releases for directly supported minor release versions only. Security fixes will not be reported to past minor releases, not any past patch release within a supported minor releases.
- Magento will give quality fixes through patch release for the current supported minor release version only. Quality fixes will be accessible as individual patches for all other currently supported minor release versions. Quality fixes will not be reported to other past minor releases, not any past patch releases within supported minor releases.
Why you should upgrade to latest version of Magento 2?
If you are running your Magento store in an older version, you are at higher risk of getting hacked which results in ruining your business within half of the time. Sometimes it can start to lose of database and even the whole customer data. Some of the vulnerabilities can even affect the payment gateways. Upgrade the Magento version and prevent these issues before it’s too late. Magento up-gradation provides improved security and scalability, new features with quality store performance, and enhanced security to provide a secure environment against possible vulnerability and bugs. Experts suggest upgrading Magento 2 to the latest version as soon as possible to avoid any issues and take advantage of the latest version.
The updated Magento version can improve the performance and scalability of your site. It gives a competitive mobile-friendly design with and responsiveness and PWA studio that comes with the latest Magento 2 versions in the market. The latest version of Magento 2 is more secured against possible vulnerability and bugs. Magento 2 offers an improved admin panel with easy navigation and better dashboard features.
It is very important for all Magento website owners to keep their Magento 2 website up to date and sometimes this can not be handled easily by the owner but we do it easily for you. You can be sure that your website is up to date if you implement all the latest patches released by the Adobe Commerce team and also keep upgrading your Magento website to Magento 2 latest version. Rootways exactly does this for you with our Magento Version Upgrade Service, we keep your website up to date by upgrading Magento 2 website to the latest one and installing Magento 2 patches.
If you want to upgrade your Magento website then please refer our Magento Version Upgrade service.
Disadvantages of Magento 2.3
There are some security vulnerability can be found in Magento 2.3 and sometimes those vulnerabilities can lead to major issues in future. Magento does not provide any more support in Magento 2.3 and it's a security issue that's why we need to consider some weaknesses or disadvantages regarding Magento 2.3 and you need to know about this before using Magento 2.3 as an e-commerce platform.
- Known issues in Magento 2.3:
There are still some known issues/bugs in Magento 2.3 and most of those issues are related to core Magento features. So if you are using Magento 2.3 then you might get some serious issues in your eCommerce store. which can impact your customers as well.
- PCI compliance issues in payment gateways:
If you are using third-party payment gateways in your Magento 2.3 store then it may be possible that your Magento 2.3 store does not support some of the PCI compliance rules and this might affect your everyday transaction and sometimes payment gateway providers may block all of your transactions and ask you to comply with the latest PCI compliance rules.